Today should have been a really rough day for reasons that relate partly to my professional past and mostly to the fact that some people suck and that’s all there is to it. BUT somewhere between my 2nd and 3rd cup of coffee, I made the conscious decision to ignore the emotional sh*tstorm threatening to splat all over my Saturday, and instead, chose to focus on the the people and things I love most. Here’s 6 ways I opted to choose happy on a cold blustery Saturday…
- Had an amazing quartet coaching session to prep for an upcoming competition. (Ooooh yes, I’m in an a cappella quartet! 2 actually. And I co-founded a large K-W a cappella group for good measure. Look up music geek in the dictionary and you’ll surely see my face.)
- Got some work done at the PC mocking up some magazine covers for an amazing client of mine (I don’t know how I attract these incredible people, but I must say, my clients are the best ever).
- Chelaxed in the tub with the jets as a reward (I can’t believe I went my whole life bathing in tubs without jets until 7 years ago).
- Survived physio exercises at home. These are new for me. And painful. But, it’s nice to feel like I’m getting closer to being able to walk. Also, OWWW.
- Successfully completed Day 1 of Sheryl Plouffe’s 7 Day Social Media Video Challenge. This challenge is all about stepping outside my comfort zone. And thus, mission accomplished. I HATE having my photo taken. Video is even worse. But if I’m going to promote my clients, (or God forbid, my own company at some point lol), today’s social landscape loves video.
- Polished off the day by hanging at home tonight and getting in some family time. Always good therapy.
#onwardandupward #smileandmoveon #choosehappy #winning